LET THE PROFESSIONALS REMOVE THE MOLD! Don't risk the health of your family and your home - you won't be saving in the end!
The technicians at Clean Air Plus have been properly trained in the removal of all mold contaminants and MUST follow the IICRC S520 Protocol and the New York City Department of Health Guidelines for Removing Mold for ALL mold remediations. It is too high of a risk to your family and your home to attempt to remove these molds by yourself or even having a general contractor remove them.
Mold Remediation: Each Clean Air Plus mold technician has been properly trained in the removal and cleaning of microbiological contaminants.
All technicians are to wear PPE (personal protection equipment) such as: face respirators, Tyvek suits (non-breathable) and chemical gloves throughout the entire clean up and remediation process.
Full faced negative pressure face respirators (North 7600 Series) with CD/CL/HC/HF/OV/SD/P100 HEPA filter cartridges. This particular cartridge protects the technician against chlorine dioxide, carbon monoxide, chlorine, hydrogen chloride, hydrogen fluoride, organic vapors, sulfur dioxide, and the HEPA filter protects from any other airborne particles.
Disposable Tyvek (non-breathable) suits that cover face and entire foot
Chemical Gloves – Neoprene, rubber or leather depending on the materials to be removed. Leather is recommended when sharp materials are to be encountered during the demolition process.
Before the remediation takes place, the technician will quarantine the contaminated area using (4 Mil) zip poly walls. In the work area, a HEPA air scrubber will be used to draw the contaminated from inside to the outside by means of a flex hose (usually vents through a window).
This process ensures that the mold does not contaminate other areas within the living space.
Clean Air Plus will develop a project time line and communicate this with the owners of the property prior to the remediation and rebuild project.
In all situations, the underlying cause of water accumulation must be rectified or fungal growth will reoccur.
Any initial water infiltration should be stopped and cleaned immediately. An immediate response (within 24 to 48 hours) and thorough clean up, drying, and/or removal of water damaged materials will prevent or limit mold growth. If the source of water is elevated humidity, relative humidity should be maintained at levels below 60% to inhibit mold growth.
Emphasis should be on ensuring proper repairs of the building infrastructure, so that water damage and moisture buildup does not recur.
Clean Air Corporate Office 10300 Linn Station Road, Suite 490 Louisville, Kentucky 40223